Faulty wiring may seem like a minor issue, but it can lead to extensive problems that put your safety at risk. Faulty wiring is not only dangerous, but it prevents your home from having a reliable electrical system. There are a few signs to look for to determine if you have faulty wiring on your property in Memphis, Tennessee.
1. Blown Fuses
Your wiring is likely faulty if you’re constantly dealing with blown fuses and the breaker continues to trip. Although the circuit is overloaded, the problems may also be due to wiring issues. A professional can perform an inspection to determine if the wiring needs to be replaced.
2. A Lot of Messy Wiring
There may be a lot of messy wiring that is present in your building, which often indicates the wiring is faulty. Although some electricians don’t worry about making the wires look orderly during the installation process since everything is out of sight, messy wiring indicates the electrician is more prone to cutting corners and may not perform quality work.
3. Weird Noises
If you hear buzzing sounds near the outlets or lights, it indicates there are issues with the wiring. Not only are buzzing sounds an annoyance, but they can also put your safety at risk. Hire a professional from a company like Rush Electric to inspect areas where the buzzing is present. Our electricians can quickly diagnose the problem. A professional electrician can also inspect other areas of your electrical system to determine if the wiring needs to be replaced.
4. Burning Odors
It’s not uncommon to smell burning odors in your home when your electrical system is compromised. Not only is this alarming, but it can increase the risk of an electrical fire. If you notice any burning on the sheathing, disconnect all of the wires from the circuit and trip the breaker manually. Electrical fires are extremely common in Memphis, Tennessee due to the old age of homes throughout the local area. For this reason, it’s necessary to act quickly before it’s too late.
5. Damaged Wires
Many homeowners make the mistake of overlooking damaged wires and assuming it’s not a serious issue. Damaged wires can occur when critters bite into the wires while looking for food, especially if you’ve had infestations in the past. Hire a professional to inspect the affected wires, and look for further damage that may be present in the rest of the home.
Feel free to contact Rush Electric to learn more about the most common signs of faulty wiring. Our electricians will provide you with additional information and will be happy to provide you with our services.